When you have your four-legged best friend at home, they become your biggest responsibility. Your dog is like your little friend who looks to you for all the comfort, love and care it needs. Your dog’s nutrition is a big part of taking care of them and you should always make the best choices in this regard. There are a few things to make sure of before you are planning to set your diet for your pet at home.
Here are a few things you should make sure for your healthy pup.
6 Nutrition Tips for Your Dog
1. Feed them fresh foods: It might sound like an impossible task, but most pooches become huge fans of fruits and vegetables at a very young age. Start by feeding them sweet fruits rich in Vitamin A and C. The taste of these fruits will build their tastebuds and you can move on to include them in their regular diet. Other crunchy vegetables like spinach, cucumber etc. can be given to dogs when they begin eating solid foods.
2. Include all the important nutrients: Proteins, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals and vitamins are some of the most important nutrients that should be included in your dog’s diet. The proteins and vitamins help in developing their bones, the fats and carbohydrates are essential to keep up their energy.
A dog is nothing without their energy and they will need it for the regular exercise. So plan a diet that will include these items in their foods. Processed dog food can be an option for sometime, but use it occasionally. Get them used to homecooked meals with good quality raw materials. Feed them milk, meat, and add a regular bowl of water next to their food with every meal.
3. Use certified labels: While choosing treats and processed food for your dog, always make sure that you are choosing the best and properly certified labels on the market.
If you’re looking to purchase dog food online, you should always make sure to buy from verified sellers who have a good reputation in the market. This ensures the quality of the food, which will have the right kind of nutrients and will not harm your pet in any way. If in doubt, consult your vet before making the purchase.
4. Prepare a diet chart: When you bring your pup home, consult with your vet for all the primary care it needs. One of the things you should make sure of is to fix a proper diet chart.
A balanced diet with all the right nutrients and antioxidants is of utmost importance for your dogs. Include vitamins, minerals and a few other elements that will help them to build strong bones and keep their muscles fit. This diet, combined with the right exercise regime can help you keep your dog fit from a very young age.
5. Limit the treats: Every dog loves little treats from its human parent. And it is one of the best things to watch them chase around for treats. But it is also trued that these do not make for a good diet.
Too many treats can cause problems with their digestion The occasional treat is always important – for training sessions as well as for snack-time. So make sure that the number of treats throughout the day is limited. Besides, you should always choose the right label for buying your dog treats to ensure quality.
6. Focus on water: Just like us, dogs need water to maintain good health. They may have a habit of wandering off and drinking water from all the wrong places.
So you should make sure that they have a healthy quality of water when they are under your supervision. Boil their water before filling their bowls, use the filtered water you would use for yourself. If there are medications to be given, use this water to give them the care they need.
One important thing every pet parent should remember is that their dog is entirely dependent upon them for care. So their nutrition should always be a top priority. Your duty is to choose the right kind of diet for your furry friend’s long, healthy and playful life.