Castor oil is obtained from castor beans by the cold-compression method. It is used for many purposes, including dog care. Castor oil for dogs is specially designed to soothe the skin and treat other skin issues. It hydrates your dog’s skin and reduces irritations.
Is castor oil good for dogs?
There are many situations in which vets recommend using it only externally, but generally, vets recommend that castor oil is good for dogs’ skin and health. The toxins or poisons available in your dog’s body can be flushed out by castor oil usage. Most of the results show that it relieves dog’s constipation.
Effects of castor oil on dog’s skin
1. Organic castor oil helps your dog heal from allergies, dryness, itching, and other skin conditions.
2. Castor oil has an analgesic component that helps soothe the dog’s skin and reduce pain.
3. Castor oil contains undecylenic acid that is beneficial to treat fungal skin infections, inflammations, and irritations.
4. It hydrates and cleans the fur coat of the dog.
5. Organic castor oil for dogs contains many potent anti-bacterial properties to kill the bacteria that are causing infections.
6. Natural components of castor oil quickly provide effective and positive results.
Effects of castor oil on dog’s eye
Castor oil is the most common product to treat cataracts in dogs’ eyes. The older dogs may suffer from cataracts in their eyes that they will see everything blur. You will see positive results after some months.
How to apply castor oil in a dog’s eye?
1. Take an eyedropper and dip it in castor oil.
2. Gently open the dog’s eye and add a drop to it.
3. Add a single drop in each eye and repeat this once or twice a day.
Effects of castor oil on dog’s ear
If your dog is scratching its head, then it may be a sign of an ear infection. Castor oil contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. These properties are beneficial to cure the ear infection of your dog. Clean your dog’s eye before adding castor oil to it.
Caution: Take a proper checkup of your dog from a vet before applying castor oil internally/ externally. Some dogs are sensitive, and they may get an allergy or infection after castor oil usage.
Effects of castor oil on dog’s constipation
Constipation can occur if your dog eats things that are not regular. Many psychological factors can cause constipation to your dog, for example, changing its diet or changing its lifestyle. Castor oil is a natural laxative and home-remedy used to heal the issue of constipation.
Feed your dog with some amount of castor oil once a week. Do not give an extra amount of it to a dog; otherwise, it may cause vomiting or other health issues to your dog.
Caution: Consult with a vet before feeding castor oil to your dog because dogs are not usually like people. Do not allow your dog to lick it because many dogs are sensitive, and it can affect their body badly.
Many brands are providing castor oil for dogs, and the leading of them is ventasuper.com.